The Libraries' online catalog and Encore interface will not be available on Wednesday, July 25 due to system maintenance. This will include the FindText@MSU service on library electronic resources and the MSU Access on Google Scholar.
During that time, you can search MSU Libraries' holdings through MeLCat. To limit your MeLCat search to MSU holdings only, add "ZA006" to your keyword search (our agency code on MeLCat.) For example,
Thank you for your patience while we perform necessary system maintenance.
We will also have this webcast:
Georgia State, Copyright, and Your Library
A live webcast from the Association of College & Research Libraries
Wednesday, July 25 - 2:00 PM
MSU Main Library - North Conference Room (W449)
The Georgia State University copyright decision has strong implications for fair use and for library services such as course reserves and interlibrary loan. Learn more from three experts in this live webcast sponsored by the Association of College & Research Libraries:
- Dwayne K. Buttler, J.D., Evelyn J. Schneider Endowed Chair for Scholarly Communication, University of Louisville
- Donna Ferullo, Director of the University Copyright Office and Associate Professor of Library Science, Purdue University
- Tim Gritten, Assistant Director of Libraries for User Services, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Topics to be covered:
- History of the Georgia State University copyright infringement lawsuit
- Summary of the May 2012 ruling from the U.S. District Court of Atlanta
- Impact on Fair Use analyses, course reserves and interlibrary loan
Effect on the relationships between libraries and academic publishers
There is no charge to attend the live webcast at the MSU Main Library, but seats are limited. To reserve a place, please contact Diane Mayers at 517.884.0802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.