BrowZine is a free tablet app from Third Iron that lets you browse, read, and monitor journals to which the MSU Libraries have an online subscription. With the app, you can:
- Create a bookshelf of your favorite journals for quick & easy access
- Read articles in a format optimized for a tablet device
- Get alerts when new journal issues are published
- Save articles to Zotero, Dropbox, or an app of your choice for pdf collecting and notetaking
- Share links to articles via email, Facebook, or Twitter
BrowZine is currently available for the iPad and three Android devices: Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, and Kindle Fire HD on the Ice Cream Sandwich platform.
BrowZine is a brand new service, currently working with 50+ scholarly presses (some of which publish hundreds of different journals) and rapidly adding more.
See our BrowZine guide for full details on downloading the app, authenticating yourself as an MSU user, setting up your bookshelf, and more.
We would really like to hear your feedback on BrowZine! Email Ruth Ann Jones or look for the feedback option within the app.
Below is the bookshelf view for Android devices. The bookshelf view for iPads is of course very similar.